@ ELITE DANCE ACADEMY
3-9715 Horton Rd. S.W., Calgary AB
Only Children's Tap Auditions (age 9-11 yrs) may be held once again depending on registration numbers. If there is enough interest for another Children's Tap audition, the date will be decided. Please register if you are interested or send a video submission
All others may be considered by video submission only, available until March 15.
Audition Fee $30
Please arrive at least 30 min early for check-in at the registration table
HOW TO REGISTER FOR AUDITIONS:
1. Please use red link at the top of the page to our Registration Portal. The portal is also available from our Home page.
2. You will need to create an account.
3. Please select Alberta Auditions
4. There you will see Tap. Select this and fill out further information.
5. Submit. You are done!
6. Please bring your fee to the audition. Please wear dance appropriate clothing and shoes.
7. You will get a reminder email before the audition.
*Use the Registration System to pre-register.
If you have any other questions, please
Deadline: Mar 15th.
Final decisions will be made by April 1st.
Audition Video Requirements
Time limit: Between 1:00-2:30 mins
Please send us a video of your competition solo. If you don't have a solo, please send us a video or a choreographed routine of your choice. Choose music that suits you best, we aren't looking for a specific style. The objective is for us to see how you perform something choreographed. No formal costume required.
You will still need to E-transfer your audition fee.
How To Submit:
1) Upload a video using our registration portal.
2) Email us a link to your YouTube or Vimeo. If there are any passwords associated, please include them as well. Email you link to email@example.com and include the following:
Age (as of Dec.31/19):
NOV. 26-30, 2019
IDO WORLD TAP CHAMPIONSHIPS
*competition takes place in Riesa, Germany
Lisa La Touche
Fees include airfare, hote w/breakfastl, transportation to/from venue, IDO License fee, Starter fees and entry fees, a team jacket, plus travel for choreographer.
**Fundraising and sponsorship encouraged
YOU WILL HAVE A CORRESPONDING MEMBER PAGE TO REFER TO WITH MORE INFORMATION ONCE TEAM IS SET
The TENTATIVE SCHEDULE has been released for tap and is as follows:
There will be one mandatory summer rehearsal that kids can pick between either Calgary or Vancouver. This would be to get footwork done, before actually staging and putting them in "formation". Lisa generally works that way when doing a large group anyway.
Those dates would be:
VANCOUVER (Mandatory A)
CALGARY (Mandatory B)
then all fall rehearsals will stay in CALGARY/VANCOUVER *depending on where MAJORITY of dancers on a team are from:
Sept 21-22 (Mandatory)
Sept 28-29 (Mandatory)
Oct 27 (Tentative)
Nov 23-24 (MANDATORY NO EXCEPTIONS)
***CHOREOGRAPHY FEES WILL BE $250 PER ROUTINE - COSTUMES EXTRA
BOTH PAYABLE TO CHOREOGRAPHER AT REHEARSAL